company_gardens

The Company’s Garden has numerous important landmarks, including the lodge house for the slaves who built a large part of our historic city.

In 1652, a refreshment station was established at the Cape of Good Hope by the Dutch East India Company, now named Queen Victoria Street which is situated at the top of Adderley Street, and is adjacent to the South African Parliament.